I am happy to discuss almost any type of AFA (appropriate fee arrangement) with you, for example:
- Fixed fee: provided I have a very detailed scope and desired outcome. This type of arrangement may only be suitable once we know each other a little.
- Capped fee: hourly rate or day rate subject to a cap.
- Phased/ task-based billing: hourly rate or day rate but charged by phase or task.
- Hourly rates: this may be the most suitable arrangement for a short assignment or where it simply makes sense for both of us.
- Day rates: I’m happy to discuss day rates, particularly where assignments lend themselves to half days or full days of work.
- Success fee (particularly relevant to tenders): likely to be used in conjunction with some other AFA – e.g. fixed fee + success fee, hourly rates + success fee. As with fixed fees, this type of arrangement will only be suitable once we know each other a little.
I will always agree with you the scope of work, fees and payment terms before I undertake any work for you.
Legal Aid tenders: I will reduce my rates by 20% for firms currently carrying out Legal Aid work and wishing to bid for Legal Aid contracts.
Rates: I appreciate that different types of legal work attract different margins and I will reflect this in my fees, which we can agree before we start working together. I should state that the 20% discount is aimed specifically at Legal Aid firms.